6 Things You Must Create to Market Your Book from Black Swan Publishing:
You’ve written and published your book. Now comes the fun part, marketing it.
Writers are good at writing a book, but frankly, not so good at marketing it. In the publishing industry authors generally do not write their own marketing copy. Writing marketing copy is much different than writing a book, and it requires different writing skills. We suggest you hire a professional copywriter to do that. [ At Black Swan Publishing we can do that for you if you do not know a good copywriter.}
Here are the 6 things a copywriter can help you with.
The goal of marketing copy is to sell the book. Because authors are emotionally invested in their books, it can be difficult for them to objectively write copy that will successfully market their books. Copywriters bring professional experience in crafting strategic marketing copy to attract readers.
- A Tagline that serves as a quick, one-line marketing pitch for your target audience.
- A BISAC Category (Book Industry Standards and Communications category) based on your book’s genre that is used by the book-selling industry to identify and group your book by its subject matter.
- Five Keywords based on your book’s genre and themes that help improve discoverability on Amazon.com.
- A Book Description that displays on your book’s Amazon.com detail page and highlights your book’s major marketable themes.
- Back Cover Text that grabs readers’ attention and sets your book apart from others in the market.
- An Author Biography that shares your background and establishes your credibility as an author.
If we can help you publish your book, or anything else in that area please, drop me an email. Love to meet you at Starbucks, share a coffee and learn about your book idea.
CEO Black Swan Publishing, Atlanta Georgia